Monday, March 7, 2011

The Facebook Note That Started It All


Do you see her? That woman over there… at work? …at church? …in your friends list? You know who I’m talking about. That woman who gives off the impression that she is strong, capable, secure & independent.

Don’t simply assume that this is her ‘real self’ that she’s showing. She may not even realize most of the time that others see her as this paragon of strength. She may see herself as a mess. She may look inside herself and see an insecure, unattractive & unloved girl who has had to put on some kind of show for others so they don’t see her pain.

Perhaps she realized long ago that she just doesn’t fit in, and has given up her attempts at true friendship or love. There’s a possibility that she’s been hurt so many times and so severely that she’s terrified of letting anyone in. Maybe her deepest desire is having a loving mate to come home to, but it’s been her experience that no one wants her.

Be careful what you assume about that woman over there… she probably isn’t the person you think she is.


3 comments:

  1. I think this one is the one I can relate to most of all. Thanks for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trisha! It was hard to write about this & be so open, but I couldn't believe the response it got when I put it on FB. I found out that I wasn't alone in this situation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love how you can share your heart so deeply.

    ReplyDelete